CDP Data Visualization homepage
CDP Data Visualization enables you to explore data and communicate insights across the whole data lifecycle by using visual objects. HOME takes you to the homepage, which is the starting point to your data visualization journey.
The default CDP Data Visualization homepage has the following main parts:
- Main navigation bar
- Get Started documentation
- Statistics banner
- Visuals preview area
- Homepage side menu bar
Main navigation bar
The HOME interface is described in this topic.
The VISUALS interface is for building visuals, dashboards, and applications. For more information, see CDP Data Visualization, Visuals interface.
The DATA interface for access to datasets, connections, and the Connection Explorer. For more information, see CDP Data Visualization, Data interface.
The Settings menu provides access to various setting options:
If you have administrative privileges, you can use Site Administration to make changes to the following functionalities:
- With Set Homepage, you can define a custom homepage.
- With Job Status, you can check job statuses.
- Activity Log displays all recorded events generated by the data processing requests.
- Users & Groups helps you to manage accounts of all users and user groups, and grant them varying privileges and levels of access.
- Manage Roles helps you to define roles as a set of privileges, and assign them to users or user groups.
- Manage API Keys helps you to authenticate with the system to perform some of the administrative tasks.
- Email Templates helps you to create separate email templates for communicating with various stakeholders, departments, or users who have clearly defined roles in the organization.
- Custom Styles helps you to apply styling options for the appearance of visuals and applications.
- Custom Colors helps you to define custom color palettes for styling visuals and applications.
- Custom Dates helps you to define custom sets of date ranges and anchor them to a specific date and time.
- Static Assets helps you to save and manage images, CSS files, and JS files as static assets and use them across all reports to standardize the appearance and behavior of visuals and dashboards.
- Site Settings helps you to configure site-wide settings and settings at the level of individual visuals, dashboards, and filters.
Help provides you with the email address of Cloudera Support and displays the release number of the running instance of CDP Data Visualization.
The user management menu includes password change and logout options. It also provides information on your last login date. The username displayed identifies the current user.
Get Started documentation
Get Started provides access to in-tool documentation. You can expand the main heading and the list items for quick guidance on selected topics. You can close the documentation at the top right corner of the pane.
This pane shows the number of DASHBOARDS, APPS, DATASETS, and TOTAL VIEWS that you can access. You can click each tile to explore further details.
Visuals preview area
- Last Viewed by You
- Recently Created by You
- Overall Most Popular
- Sample Dashboards
You can click any of the tiles to explore the selected visual or dashboard.
Homepage side menu bar
- The NEW DASHBOARD button takes you to the Dashboard Designer interface, where you can create new dashboards and visuals.
- The NEW APP button takes you to the App Designer interface, where you can build and style custom BI applications from existing dashboards and visuals.
- Over the last 7 days... includes statistics on how many dashboards, apps, and datasets have been created.
- The Get Started link points to help content embedded in the tool.