Enable Data Visualization in CDW
Learn how to add CDP Data Visualization to a virtual data warehouse.
- Log in to the CDP web interface and navigate to the Data Warehouse service.
- Locate your database catalog.
- In the Data Warehouse service, click Overview in the left navigation panel.
- On the Overview page, locate the database catalog you want to use and make sure it is running.
- Create a new virtual data warehouse with CDP Data Visualization enabled.
If you already have a virtual data warehouse with the tool enabled, see Starting Data Visualization in CDW for information on how to launch Data Visualization.
- Click the plus icon in the top right corner of the
Overview page.Alternatively, on the Virtual Warehouses page, click Add New.
- In the New Virtual Warehouse dialog box, specify the
- Name – for the new virtual warehouse
- Type – warehouse type (can be Hive or Impala)
- Database Catalog – that the new warehouse should query
- User Groups – optional, allowing access to endpoints for selected groups
- Size – the preferred compute capacity size
- [Optional] Configure auto-scaling settings.For consistently good response times, especially if you expect interactive style workloads throughout the day:
- Set the minimum nodes to at least 1 node.
- Set the AutoSuspend Timeout to a relatively high number or completely disable it by setting it to zero.
- Toggle the Install Data Visualizationbutton to
install Cloudera Data Visualization with the virtual warehouse.
If the Install Data Visualization menu item is disabled during the virtual data warehouse creation, another virtual data warehouse already has the tool enabled for the same database catalog.
You can identify which virtual data warehouse runs with CDP Data Visualization by the Data Visualization icon listed in the virtual warehouse instances on the Data Warehouse Overview page.
- Click Create to create the new virtual data warehouse.
- Click the plus icon in the top right corner of the Overview page.
Your new virtual data warehouse is created with CDP Data Visualization installed. The creation process takes anywhere between a few seconds and a few minutes depending on available resources in the environment.