CDP Data Visualization homepage
CDP Data Visualization enables you to explore data and communicate insights across the whole data lifecycle by using visual objects. The information available on the homepage helps you learn how to use the web interface.
The default CDP Data Visualization homepage contains the following items:
- Main or Top navigation, which enables you to
directly access the following interfaces:
- Home interface, described in this article.
- Visuals interface for building Visuals and Dashboards in Visual Designer, and for managing and launching Apps
- Data interface providing access to Datasets, Connections, and the Connection Explorer
- Settings menu providing access to Set
Homepage (custom), and to check Job Status.
Users with administrative privileges can make Site Administration changes to the following functionalities:
- Activity Log displays all recorded events generated by the data processing requests.
- Users & Groups helps you to manage accounts of all users and user groups, and grant them varying privileges and levels of access.
- Manage Roles helps you to define roles as a set of privileges, and assign them to users or user groups.
- Manage API Keys helps you to authenticate with the system to perform some of the administrative tasks.
- Email Templates helps you to create separate email templates for communicating with various stakeholders, departments, or users who have clearly defined roles in the organization.
- Custom Styles helps you to apply styling options for the appearance of visuals and applications.
- Custom Colors helps you to define custom color palettes for styling visuals and applications.
- Custom Dates helps you to define custom sets of date ranges, and anchor them to a specific date and time.
- Static Assets helps you to save and manage images, CSS files, and JS files as static assets, and use them across all reports to standardize the appearance and behavior of visuals and dashbaords.
- Site Settings interface helps you to configure site-wide settings and settings at the level of individual visuals, dashboards, and filters.
- Help provides you with the email address of Cloudera Support, and displays the release number of the running instance of CDP Data Visualization.
- User management menu includes password change and logout options. The username identifies the current user.
- Banner Stats shows the number of Dashboards, Apps, Datasets, and Total Views that you can access.
- Existing Visuals pane provides quick access to the following
visuals and dashboards:
- Last Viewed by You
- Recently Created by You
- Overall Most Popular
- Sample Dashboards
- New Dashboard takes you to the Dashboard Designer interface, where you can create new dashboards and visuals.
- New App takes you to the App Designer interface, where you can quickly build and style custom BI apps from existing dashboards and visuals.
- Stats for Last 7 Days include how many dashboards, apps, and datasets were created.
- Get Started points to help content embedded in the tool.