Get started with OpenShift requirements
To get started with the Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) service on Red Hat OpenShift, make sure you have fulfilled the following requirements:
- CDP Cloudera Manager must be installed and running.
- CDP Private Cloud must be installed and running. See Private Cloud Installation Requirements for more details.
- An environment must have been registered with Management Console on the private cloud. See CDP Private Cloud Environments for more details.
- In addition to the general requirements listed in the Private Cloud Installation Requirements documentation, CDW also has the following minimum memory and storage
requirements for each OpenShift worker node:
- 128 GB of memory
- 600 GB of locally attached SSD (Solid State Drive) or NVMe storage per Virtual Warehouse executor
- Approximately 100 GB (5 x 20 GB) of persistent volume storage on the filesystem mounts per Virtual Warehouse.
Depending on the number of executors you want to run on each physical node, the per-node requirements change proportionally. For example, if you are running 3 executors per node, you require 384 GB of memory and 1.8 TB of locally attached SSD/NVMe storage.
|Local Storage (using OpenShift Local Storage Operator)||Persistent Volume Storage (for example, Ceph or Portworx)|
|600 GB per executor||100 GB per Virtual Warehouse|