Modifying the size of a Virtual Warehouse
This topic describes how to change the size of a Virtual Warehouse in Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) service.
After you create a Virtual Warehouse, you can tune the auto-scaling thresholds if your workload demand increases or decreases, but you cannot adjust the size of the warehouse. The size determines the number of nodes of your Virtual Warehouse, which determines the maximum number of concurrent queries it can serve. To change the size of your Virtual Warehouse, you must delete it, and then recreate it in the new size you require.
Required role: DWAdmin
- Log in to the CDP web interface and navigate to the Data Warehouse service.
- On the Overview page of the Data Warehouse service, make note of the name of the Virtual Warehouse you want to modify and which Database Catalog it is configured to access.
- In the tile for the Virtual Warehouse that you want to modify, click the options menu and select Delete.
- Still on the Overview page of the Data Warehouse service, in the Virtual Warehouse column, click the plus sign in the upper right corner of the tile to create a new Virtual Warehouse.
In the New Virtual Warehouse dialog box:
- Type the name of the Virtual Warehouse that you just deleted.
- Select the Database Catalog that the deleted warehouse was configured to access.
- Select the new size.
- Configure the auto-scaling thresholds.
- Click Create.