Creating a database on Ozone for Cloudera Data Warehouse Private Cloud Virtual Warehouses
Learn how to create a database on Ozone storage that can be used by Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) Private Cloud Hive or Impala Virtual Warehouses.
By default, the Hive metastore for Database Catalogs on CDW Private Cloud points to HDFS, but you can configure the Database Catalog to point to Ozone storage instead by using the following steps. These steps change the default Hive metastore location to Ozone.
Before you re-configure the Database Catalog settings, make sure there are no running Virtual Warehouses associated with it. Either the Database Catalog has no associated Virtual Warehouses or you have suspended all the Virtual Warehouses associated with it.
Use the following steps to change the Database Catalog setting:
- From the Management Console Private Cloud home page left menu, navigate to .
- In the Database Catalog tile, click the edit icon .
- In the Database Catalogs detail page, click the Metastore tab, and select hive-site from the drop-down list on the left side of the tabbed page.
Search for the following configuration properties and update them to
Ozone file system paths, which start with
Here is an example of these properties set for the
- Click Apply in the upper right corner of the page to save your settings. The Database Catalog begins updating.
After the Database Catalog has finished updating, perform one of the following
actions to get started working with a Virtual Warehouse:
- Restart any associated Virtual Warehouses that you suspended before updating the Database Catalog properties by clicking the re-start icon in the upper right corner of the Virtual Warehouse tile on the Overview page.
- Create a new Hive or Impala Virtual Warehouse associated with the updated Database Catalog.
- Use Hue to create a database with your Virtual Warehouse. For details, see Querying data.