Known issues in Hive Virtual Warehouses
This topic describes the Hive Virtual Warehouse known issues for Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) Private Cloud.
- DWX-7142: Hive Virtual Warehouses return an out-of-memory error when accessing Ozone
- Problem: When Hive Virtual Warehouses access Ozone storage, an out-of-memory error message is returned.
- Workaround: None.
- DWX-6234: WAIT TIME seconds cannot be set to "0" in the Hive Virtual Warehouse UI
- Problem: The slider that can be used to set WAIT TIME in the Hive Virtual Warehouse UI displays a range from 0 to 1000, but if you set it to 0, the UI automatically changes it to 60.
- Workaround: None.
- DWX-6241: "Run Autoscaling Demo" option fails
- Problem: When you select the Run AutoScaling Demo menu option on Hive Virtual Warehouses, it fails to cause the Virtual Warehouse to auto-scale.
- Workaround: Add the owner of the database or the tables as a user with read or read/write access to the tables directly in the Autoscaling Demo.
- DWX-6163: SHOW TABLES command does not produce a list of tables that are owned by the current user
- Problem: When you run the SHOW TABLES command against a Hive Virtual Warehouse, tables are only returned if you have explicit read or read/write access to the table, or if you belong to a group that has read or read/write access. If you only have access to the tables because you are the owner of the objects, you can query the table content, but the table names do not appear in the SHOW TABLES command output.
- Workaround: Add the owner of the database or the tables as a user with read or read/write access to the tables directly.
- DWX-6132: Hive Virtual Warehouses require Cloudera Manager 7.2.4 and CDP 7.1.5
- Problem: In CDW Private Cloud 1.1, Hive Virtual Warehouses might get stuck in the starting state.
- Workaround: To insure that Hive Virtual Warehouses work as expected in CDW Private Cloud 1.1, make sure that you are using Cloudera Manager 7.2.4 and CDP 7.1.5.
- DWX-4703: Using UDFs and custom JARs are not supported
- Problem: In the 1.1 release of Cloudera Data Warehouse Private Cloud, using UDFs and custom JARs are not supported on Hive Virtual Warehouses.
- Workaround: none
- DWX-4842: Entities are not being created in Atlas
- Problem: Base clusters that are using Java 11 might be using truststores in PKCS12 format. Currently, Hive Virtual Warehouses on CDW Private Cloud only supports truststores in JKS format. This prevents the entities from being created in Atlas.
- Workaround: Using the
keytool, convert the PKCS12 truststore in the base cluster to a JKS truststore.
- DWX-5241: Intermittent query execution failures
- Problem: Query execution might fail producing
return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TexTaskwith multiple Vertex class errors.
- Workaround: To address this issue set either of the following properties to
falseat the session-level: