Downloading Hive diagnostic bundles in Data Warehouse Private Cloud
You can download diagnostic bundles for troubleshooting a Hive Virtual Warehouse in Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) Private Cloud. The diagnostic bundles contain log files for the sidecar containers that support Hive components and for the components themselves. These diagnostic bundles are stored on HDFS in the form of ZIP files.
- Log in to the Data Warehouse service as a DWAdmin.
Go to a Hive Virtual Warehouse and click
.The options for generating the diagnostic bundles are displayed as shown in the following image:
Select the time period for which you want to generate the logs.
- Select the By Time Range option to generate logs from last 30 minutes, one hour, 12 hours, or 24 hours.
- Select By Custom Time Interval option to generate logs for a specific time period based on your requirement.
Select the categories for which you want to generate the logs by selecting the
options from the Collect For section.
By default, ERRORDUMP, GCLOG, HEAPDUMP, HMS, LOGS are selected. Click X to remove the ones you do not need.
- ERRORDUMP contains exceptions from the containers
- CGLOG contains JVM garbage collector-related logs
- HEAPDUMP contains JVM heapdump
- HMS contains sidecar container logs that support the metastore
- LOGS contains logs of Hive, Coordinator, and Executor processes and their supporting containers
- Optional: Select the Run even if there is an existing job option to trigger another diagnostic bundle creation when one job is running.
The following message is displayed: Collection of Diagnostic Bundle for compute-1651060643-c97l initiated. Please go to details page for more information.
- Go to the Virtual Warehouses details page by clicking .
Go to the DIAGNOSTIC BUNDLE tab.
The jobs that have been triggered for generating the diagnostic bundles are displayed, as shown in the following image:
- Click on the link in the Location column to download the diagnostic bundle to your computer.