Creating a database on Ozone for Cloudera Data Warehouse Private Cloud Virtual Warehouses
Learn how to create a database on Ozone storage that can be used by Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) Private Cloud Hive or Impala Virtual Warehouses.
By default, the Hive metastore for Database Catalogs on CDW Private Cloud points to HDFS, but you can configure the Database Catalog to point to Ozone storage instead by using the following steps. These steps change the default Hive metastore location to Ozone.
Before you re-configure the Database Catalog settings, make sure there are no running Virtual Warehouses associated with it. Either the Database Catalog has no associated Virtual Warehouses or you have suspended all the Virtual Warehouses associated with it.
Use the following steps to change the Database Catalog setting:
- From the Management Console Private Cloud home page left menu, navigate to .
- In the Database Catalog tile, click .
- In the Database Catalogs detail page, click the Metastore tab, and select hive-site from the Configuration files dropdown menu.
Search for the following configuration properties and update them to
Ozone file system paths, which start with
Following is an example of these properties set for the
- Click Apply and wait for the Database Catalog to finish applying changes.
Perform one of the following actions to get started working with a Virtual
- Restart any associated Virtual Warehouses that you suspended before updating the Database Catalog properties by clicking the re-start icon in the upper right corner of the Virtual Warehouse tile on the Overview page.
- Create a new Hive or Impala Virtual Warehouse associated with the updated Database Catalog.
- Use Hue to create a database with your Virtual Warehouse. For details, see Querying data.