Configuring the Database Catalog to access the Ozone filesystem
After adding and configuring the Ozone service on the base cluster, creating buckets, and granting Ranger KMS policies to the users, you must configure the Hive MetaStore warehouse directories in the Database Catalog to point to the Ozone filesystem.
By default, the Hive MetaStore (HMS) for Database Catalogs on CDW Private Cloud points to HDFS.
- If you plan to make Ozone as the default FS, you must configure the Database Catalog to point to the Ozone storage system, as described in this topic.
- Alternatively, you can create a database with an Ozone bucket as the base directory so
that all tables are created in that directory. Following is a sample
CREATE DATABASE ozone_db [LOCATION ofs://ozone1/bucket1/ozone_db/managed] [MANAGEDLOCATION ofs://ozone1/bucket1/ozone_db/external] [WITH DBPROPERTIES (property_name=property_value, ...)];
Before you re-configure the Database Catalog settings, make sure there are no running Virtual Warehouses associated with it. Either the Database Catalog has no associated Virtual Warehouses or you have suspended all the Virtual Warehouses associated with it.
- Log in to the Data Warehouse service as a DWAdmin.
- Activate an environment in CDW.
- In the Database Catalog tile, click hive-site from the Configuration files drop-down menu. and select
Search for the following configuration properties and update them to Ozone filesystem
paths, which start with
Following is an example of these properties set for a Database Catalog:
- Click Apply Changes and wait for the Database Catalog to finish applying changes.