Adding a new Virtual Warehouse
A Virtual Warehouse is an instance of compute resources that is equivalent to a cluster. It provides access to the data in tables and views in the data lake that correlates to a specific Database Catalog. Learn how to create a Virtual Warehouse in Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) on Private Cloud.
- Impala with Unified Analytics
- Log in to the Data Warehouse service as DWAdmin.
- Go to Virtual Warehouses tab and click New Virtual Warehouse.
Specify a Virtual Warehouse name, the Type (Hive or Impala),
which Database Catalog it queries, and the size.
- If you are creating a Hive Virtual Warehouse, then you must also select the authentication mode (either LDAP or Kerberos).
- If you are creating an Impala Virtual Warehouse, then you can also specify user groups.
- To create Impala Virtual Warehouse with Unified Analytics mode, turn on the Enable Unified Analytics option.
- Click Create Virtual Warehouse to create the new Virtual Warehouse.