Activating Azure environments
To use an Azure environment for Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) Public Cloud you must use these instructions to activate it.
Before you can create a Database Catalog to use in a Virtual Warehouse, you must activate an Azure environment that has been registered in Management Console. Activating an environment with CDW service sets up the Kubernetes cluster, which provides the computing resources for the Database Catalog. In addition, activating an environment enables the CDW service to use the existing data lake that was set up for the environment, including all data, metadata, and security.
Required role: DWAdmin
- Determine which environment, which uses a particular data lake, is the environment you want to activate for use with a Database Catalog and Virtual Warehouse.
- Review the Azure environments requirements checklist.
- In the CDW service, expand the Environments column by clicking the More… menu on the left side of the page.
- In the Environments column, click the search icon and locate the environment that you want to activate.
When you locate the environment, click the activation icon to launch the
Activation Settings dialog box:
In the Activation Settings dialog box, you can enable
- Select Enable Azure Availability Zones.
- Choose the appropriate Subnet from the drop-down list.
- Select Enable Azure Log Analytics and then select the workspace from the adjacent drop-down list.
- Add any trusted endpoint IP CIDRs as appropriate for your environment in a comma-separated list to the Whitelist IP CIDRs text box.
- Select Use Overlay Networks if IP address exhaustion is a concern for your deployment.
- After specifying the options you want for this environment, click Activate.