Creating your first Virtual Warehouse on public cloud environments
This topic describes the end-to-end workflow of creating a Virtual Warehouse in Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) service.
Before you can create a Virtual Warehouse in CDW service, you must have completed the following tasks:
- Register an environment with Management Console. This sets up your Data Lake. Depending on which cloud platform you are using, see Register an AWS environment or Register an Azure environment.
- Grant the DWAdmin role to the user or group that needs to create a Virtual Warehouse. This task determines which environment and Data Lake your Virtual Warehouse uses. See Granting CDP users access to Cloudera Data Warehouse service.
- Activate the environment that uses the Data Lake you want to use for the CDW Database Catalog. See Activating environments.
- Add a new Database Catalog. See Adding a new Database Catalog.
- Add a new Virtual Warehouse. See Adding a new Virtual Warehouse.