Creating your first Virtual Warehouse
After meeting prerequisites, you learn how to activate the environment from Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW). You then follow a procedure to add a new Database Catalog and create a Virtual Warehouse.
Before you can create a Virtual Warehouse in CDW service, you must have completed the following tasks:
- Register an environment with Management Console. This sets up your Data Lake. Depending on which cloud platform you are using, see Register an AWS environment or Register an Azure environment.
- Grant the DWAdmin role to the user or group that needs to create a Virtual Warehouse. This user or group determines which environment and Data Lake your Virtual Warehouse uses. See Granting CDP users access to Cloudera Data Warehouse service.
- Activate the environment that uses the Data Lake. See Activating AWS environments or Activating Azure environments.
- Create a Database Catalog. See the previous topic Creating a Database Catalog.
- Add a new Virtual Warehouse. See Adding a new Virtual Warehouse.