Granting CDP users and groups access to Cloudera Data Warehouse service
This topic describes how to grant the DWAdmin and DWUser roles to users and groups who must use or manage Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) service Database Catalogs and Virtual Warehouses on public cloud environments.
To grant CDP users access to the CDW service, you grant the DWAdmin or the DWUser resource roles to users on environments. So you are granting permission to the environments that are used to create Database Catalogs and Virtual Warehouses, and not directly to CDW service.
- Log in to the CDP web UI using your corporate credentials or other credentials that your administrator gave to you.
For an environment you want to use for Database Catalogs and Virtual Warehouses, grant
the DWAdmin and DWUser resource roles to users or grant the DWAdmin resource role to
groups that must use the Database Catalogs and Virtual Warehouses:
- In the left navigation menu, click Environments.
- Search for the environment you want to grant access to, and then click the environment name. This launches the environment's Clusters page.
- In the environment's Clusters page, click the Actions drop-down menu on the right, and select Manage Access. This launches the environment's Access page.
- In the Access page, in the Select group or user text box, type the name of the user or group you want to add, and then click that user or group's name. This launches the Update Resource Roles for… dialog box.
- In the dialog box, select the DWAdmin or DWUser or both roles, and then click Update Roles. You should receive a success message.
- Click the environment name at the top of the page to navigate back to the Clusters page.
- In the Clusters page, click the Actions drop-down menu on the right, and select Synchronize Users to FreeIPA. Depending on how many users have access to the environment, this synchronization process can take a few seconds or a few minutes.