Rebuilding a Database Catalog
You can clean up resources and redeploy your Database Catalog using your existing image, or the latest image. You might want to rebuild your Database Catalog to get a feature in a later Database Catalog image, to perform housekeeping, or to troubleshoot a problem.
Rebuilding the Database Catalog redeploys resources in the cluster while keeping the configurations and other settings you made.
- Rebuilding deprecated versions of the Database Catalog is not supported and will fail.
- Rebuilding does not preserve the changes you made directly, using
kubectl for example, to cluster resources in the affected
Changes you make to the Database Catalog using either the UI or CDP CLI are preserved.
- You must obtain the DWAdmin role.
- You must obtain the entitlement to use this feature.
- You must be running the version 2022.0.6-b92 or later of the Database Catalog to rebuild it.
- Log in to the CDP web interface, navigate to , and select your Database Catalog.
Click Options .
- Select Rebuild.
Rebuild the Database Catalog.
- If your Database Catalog does not have the latest image, you see the version number of your current image and can select Keep current image version, and then click Rebuild Database Catalog.
- Alternatively, you can accept the default value for Keep current image version, which is off, and then click Rebuild Database Catalog. The Database Catalog will be rebuilt using the latest image.
- If your Database Catalog has the latest image, click Rebuild Database Catalog.