Rebuilding a Virtual Warehouse
You can clean up resources and redeploy your Virtual Warehouse using your existing image, or the latest image. You might want to rebuild your Virtual Warehouse to get a feature in a later Virtual Warehouse image, to perform housekeeping, or to troubleshoot a problem.
Upgrading your Virtual Warehouse also rebuilds it. Rebuilding the Virtual Warehouse redeploys resources in the cluster while keeping the configurations and other settings you made.
- Rebuilding deprecated versions of the Virtual Warehouse is not supported and will fail.
- Rebuilding does not preserve the changes you made directly, using kubectl for
example, to cluster resources in the affected namespaces.
Changes you make to the Virtual Warehouse using either the UI or CDP CLI are preserved.
- You must obtain the DWAdmin role.
- You must obtain the entitlement to use this feature.
- You must be running the version 2022.0.6-b92 or later of the Virtual Warehouse to rebuild it.
- Log in to the CDP web interface, navigate to , and select your Virtual Warehouse.
- Select Rebuild.
Rebuild the Virtual Warehouse.
- If your Virtual Warehouse does not have the latest image, you see the version number of your current image and can select Keep current image version, and then click Rebuild Virtual Warehouse.
- Alternatively, you can accept the default value for Keep current image version, which is off, and then click Rebuild Virtual Warehouse. The Virtual Warehouse will be rebuilt using the latest image.
- If your Virtual Warehouse has the latest image, click Rebuild Virtual Warehouse.