Submitting queries with Data Analytics Studio (DAS)
This topic describes how you can write and edit queries for Hive-LLAP Virtual Warehouses in the Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) service by using the Data Analytics Studio (DAS) query composer.
- To log in to DAS, you must set the IPA password for your Workload User Name, which is listed in User Management in the Management Console.
- Log into the CDP web interface and navigate to the Data Warehouse service.
In the Data Warehouse service, navigate to the Overview page.
- On the Overview page under Virtual Warehouses, in the upper right corner of a Hive Virtual Warehouse tile, click the options menu, and select Open DAS.
In DAS, search for the required tables. The Tables
column displays all the tables in the Database Catalog.
Click on a table name to view the columns within the table. Use the Filter field to enter text to further refine your search for the required column.
Enter the query in the worksheet tab.
If your Database Catalog contains more than or equal to 10,000 columns, press Ctrl + Spacebar on your keyboard to enable the auto-complete pop-up while you type the query.
The auto-complete pop-up appears as you type if the number of columns in your Database Catalog is less than 10,000. Each worksheet is identified by a unique name and you can add worksheets using the plus icon. The worksheet tab provides auto completion features. As you start entering the query, the worksheet suggests SQL commands, keywords, and table columns according to the query.
Perform the desired operation:
- Click Execute to run the query. Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut to execute the query: press Ctrl + Enter on Windows and control + return on XOS. Make sure that you press the keyboard shortcut while you are in the query editor.
- Click Save As to save the worksheet with a different name.
- Click Visual Explain to view the query details in the form of a block diagram.
- Select Show Results to download the query results.
- Select Download Results to download the query results.
- Click the Saved tab to view saved queries and edit them.