Creating a draft from a ReadyFlow
You can use ReadyFlows as the starting point of your flow design. Select an available ReadyFlow from the ReadyFlow Gallery, open it for editing on the Canvas, and publish it to the Catalog as your own custom flow definition.
You have an enabled and healthy CDF environment.
You have been assigned the DFDeveloper role granting you access to the Flow Designer.
You have been assigned the DFCatalogAdmin or DFCatalogViewer role granting you access to the Catalog. You will need this authorization to publish your draft as a flow definition to the Catalog.
You have been assigned the DFFlowAdmin role for the environment to which you want to deploy the flow definition.
- Open Cloudera DataFlow by selecting the DataFlow tile in the CDP sidebar.
- Select ReadyFlow Gallery in the left navigation pane.
- Select the ReadyFlow you want to use as a template for your flow design.
- Click Create New Draft.
- Select the Target Workspace where you want to create the draft.
- Select the Target Project to which you want to assign the draft.
Provide a valid Draft Name for the draft.
Flow names must be unique within a workspace. If a draft with the provided name already exists, you need to provide a different name.
The selected ReadyFlow opens as a draft in the designated Flow Designer workspace with the Draft Name you provided, on the Flow Design canvas.