Starting a test session
To validate your draft flow, start a test session, provisioning a NiFi cluster.
- Make sure that you have DFDeveloper permission to perform this task. For information on account and resource roles, see DataFlow Authorization.
- You have created a draft in CDF Flow Designer.
- Add Custom NAR Configuration if your flow requires custom processors that you have built.
The deployment wizard auto synchronizes port information with the configuration settings you made for your listen processor(s).
if your your draft uses listen processors with inbound
connection endpoint support.
Click Start Test Session.
Test Session status changes to Initializing Test Session...
- Wait for the status to change to Active Test Session.
- Click to enable Services.
Select a service you want to enable, then click Enable.
Repeat this step for all Services.
- Click Back To Flow Designer to return to the flow design Canvas.
- Start all processors that are not running (you see a Stopped symbol next to the processor name) by selecting the processor on the Canvas then clicking Start.