Import a flow definition
Before you can deploy a flow, you must import a flow definition that contains the dataflow logic you want to deploy to a Cloudera DataFlow (CDF) environment.
Once you have your CDF environment enabled, the next step is to create and import a flow definition. A flow definition is a .json file that imports your dataflow logic to CDF.
- You have been assigned the DFCatalogAdmin user role.
- From the CDF left navigation pane, click Catalog.
Click Import Flow Definition and provide the following
- Flow Name – specify a unique name for the flow definition you are importing.
- Flow Description – Optionally, provide a description of your flow definition. Use this value to help you differentiate between the other flows imported to your catalog.
- NiFi Flow Configuration – upload the flow definition JSON file.
- Click Import.
When you have finished importing a flow definition, proceed by deploying it.