Deploying the Kafka to COD ReadyFlow
After you add the ReadyFlow to the Catalog, the next step is to deploy this flow definition.
Find the Kafka to Cloudera Operational Database (COD) ReadyFlow in the
ReadyFlow Gallery and click View Added
Flow Definition to open the flow definition in the
Alternatively, you can click Catalog in the left navigation pane, find the Kafka to Cloudera Operational Database ReadyFlow in the list of flow definitions available to deploy, and click the row to display the flow definition details.The Deployment wizard launches.
- Click on a row representing a flow definition version to display flow definition version details and the Deploy button.
The New Deployment wizard appears.
Select the environment where COD is running, and click
The deployment starts and the Overview page appears.
In the Overview page, give your flow deployment a unique
name and pick the NiFi Runtime Version for your flow deployment.
Cloudera recommends that you always use a unique name and the latest available NiFi runtime version, if possible.
The Parameters page appears.
Specify the following details:
- Enter the name of the Machine User, you created in CDP, prefixed with srv_, in the CDP Workload User field, and password in the CDP Workload User Password field.
- Upload the Hbase site configuration file in the CDPEnvironment field to connect to the HBase cluster.
- Specify the COD table name, COD row identifier field name, and COD column family name from the HBase table.
- Specify the data input format.
- Specify the Kafka broker endpoint, Kafka consumer group ID, and Kafka source topic name.
- Specify the schema name and schema registry hostname.
The Sizing & Scaling page appears.
- Specify your Sizing & Scaling configurations.
- Click Next.
- In the KPIs page, you may choose to identify key performance indicators (KPIs), the metrics to track those KPIs, and when and how to receive alerts about the KPI metrics tracking.
The Review page appears.
- Review the summary of the information provided and make any necessary edits by clicking Previous. When you are finished, complete your flow deployment by clicking Deploy.