Collect and send a diagnostic bundle using Unified Diagnostics
You can trigger diagnostic bundle collection for your CDP environment in order to send Data Lake, FreeIPA, and DataFlow service and environment logs to Cloudera Support for support case resolution.
- FreeIPA deployment time must be September 2020 or later.
- The VMs from which diagnostic data is to be collected must be running.
- Salt minions must be started properly on the Management Console nodes.
- Log in to the CDP web interface.
- Navigate to the Management Console.
Click Help in the bottom left corner and select Collect Diagnostic
- Click the Collect New Diagnostic Data.
- On the General Information page, provide the following:
- Select the environment for which you would like to generate a diagnostic bundle. This is a required field.
- Case Number
- Enter the related support case number. You can obtain the case number from the MyCloudera portal or from your email by checking support case notification emails. This is a required field.
- Provide a free text description of the case for which you would like to generate diagnostic data. The provided description is persisted in the database and returned in the listing for future reference. This is a required field.
- Time Range
- You can specify specific points in time (date and time) from which to start and end the collection. This is an optional field.
- Click Next.
- On the Selected Services page under DataFlow,
you can configure the diagnostic bundles you want to generate for CDF environment components and
To generate diagnostic data for a specific DataFlow Deployment, enter the CRN of the DataFlow Deployment for which you want to collect logs in the Select Components field and select DEPLOYMENT as Collection Scope.To obtain all diagnostic data for a CDF Service, set Collection Scope to ALL.
- Environment Components
Select a list of DataFlow Environment Components from which you want to collect logs. This list operates as an allowed list when present, only collecting logs for specified components.
If you leave this list empty, it implies you want to collect logs from all components.
- Select Components
Specify a list of DataFlow Deployment CRNs for which you want to collect logs. This list operates as an allowed list when present, only collecting logs for specified deployments.
If you leave this list empty, it implies log collection from all Flow Deployments in the environment.
- Collection Scope
Specify whether you want to collect environment logs, deployment logs, or both.
Regardless of the selection you make here, logs for environment components and deployments you specified in their respective allowed lists will be collected.
- Click Collect.
New entries appear on the page, allowing you to track the status of the log collection. Since a separate bundle is created for each service, there is one entry for each of the following: Data Lake, FreeIPA, and one entry for each DataFlow service. While the collection is in progress, the collection status is In progress: