Altus CDH Version Support Policy
Cloudera provides the following levels of support for the CDH versions in clusters created with Altus cloud services:
- SUPPORTED. A supported CDH version can be used for Altus clusters. You can launch new Altus clusters and continue to use existing Altus clusters with the supported CDH version.
- HIDDEN. A hidden CDH version can be used only in Altus clusters that you create using the Altus command line interface (CLI) or the Altus API. You cannot create an Altus cluster with a hidden CDH version on the Altus console.
- DEPRECATED. A deprecated CDH version cannot be used for new Altus clusters. You cannot launch new clusters with a deprecated CDH version but you can continue to use existing Altus clusters with a deprecated CDH version.
- UNAVAILABLE. An unavailable CDH version cannot be used for Altus clusters. You cannot launch new Altus clusters with an unavailable CDH version. Existing Altus clusters running with unavailable CDH versions are considered to be at End of Support (EoS) and are not eligible for Cloudera Support Services.
CDH Support and Lifecycle
- A support level can be specific to a service or configuration. For example, a CDH version can be supported for secure Altus Data Engineering clusters but hidden for Altus Data Warehouse clusters.
- When a CDH version is added to Altus cloud services, it takes the following support lifecycle:
- SUPPORTED for 12 months
- HIDDEN for 6 months
- DEPRECATED for 3 months
Definition of Terms
- End of Support (EoS):
EoS means the discontinuance of eligibility for Support Services, including, but not limited to, any form of maintenance or service request investigation via standard support channels from Cloudera.