Java Development Kit Installation
Install the Oracle Java Development Kit (JDK) before deploying CDH 5.
- To install the JDK, follow the instructions under Oracle JDK Installation. The completed installation must meet the requirements in the box below.
- If you have already installed a version of the JDK, make sure your installation meets the requirements in the box below.
- See CDH 5 Requirements and Supported Versions for the recommended and supported JDK versions.
- If you are deploying CDH on a cluster, the same version of the Oracle JDK must be installed on each node.
- The JDK should be installed in /usr/java/jdk-version.
- In addition, to make sure the right version of the JDK is always used, follow these directions.
You may be able to install the Oracle JDK with your package manager, depending on your choice of operating system.
See this section for installation instructions.
|<< Configuring an NFSv3 Gateway||Oracle JDK Installation >>|