Data connection management
There are a few things to keep in mind about data connections.
- Manage data connections in a workspace
At the workspace level, you can check the data connections that are available in a workspace. In, check that your desired data source is present. You can also set the availability for any discovered connections, if necessary.
- Manage data connections in a project
At the project level, you can see all data connections that were made available in the workspace when the project was created. The available connections can then further be marked as unavailable if so desired. You can update any changes to the connections that were made at the workspace level by clicking Sync with Workspace. Any changes made here only apply to your project.
- Data connection availability Keep in mind these two scenarios for setting data connection availability.
- If a workspace data connection is marked Unavailable, and you then create a project, the data connection will not appear in the project. If the connection is then changed to Available, and then the Sync with Workspace button is clicked, the connection will appear in the project.
- If a workspace data connection is marked Available, and you then create a project, the connection shows up. If the workspace data connection is then toggled to Unavailable, and you click Sync with Workspace in the project, the data connection will remain available in the project.