Setting up LDAP based authentication
In CDP Private Cloud, you must authenticate your Local Administrator Account.
- Sign in to the CDP console.
- From the CDP home page, click Management Console.
- In the side navigation panel, click Administration.
- Click the Authentication tab.
Enter the LDAP URL in the LDAP URL field.
The URL must be prefixed with ldap:// or ldaps://.
If you are using a secure LDAP, choose the appropriate option to upload a file or
provide the certificate directly.
If you upload the CA certificate file it must be in PEM format.
Choose whether you will use a Bind Distinguished Name (DN) and Password or an Anonymous
Refer to your IdP administrator to determine which Bind method you need to use.
- If you choose to use a Bind DN, enter the appropriate information in the LDAP Bind DN and LDAP Bind Password fields.
If you want to specify LDAP attribute for mapping the email in Identity Management,
enter it in the Email Mapping Attribute field.
If you do not enter an email, the default is mail.
If you are using a non-standard attribute, click Show Other
These attributes are optional.
- Enter DN in the LDAP User Bind Property field.
- Enter the LDAP attribute for mapping the group ID in Identify Management in the Groupname Mapping Attribute field.
- Enter the property of the user object in the Group DN Property field.
- Enter the first and last name of the attribute in the First Name Mapping Attribute and Last Name Mapping Attribute fields.
- Click Save.