Importing or uploading users
You can bulk import users to CDP Private Cloud and assign them access rights and roles. Importing users in bulk allows admins to prepare the system for the desired level of access before users log in to CDP Private Cloud. This is an improvement over the previous version where each user was required to log in at least once before access rights could be configured.
- Sign in to the CDP console.
- Click Management Console.
- Click User Management in the left navigation panel.
The Users page displays the list of all CDP users.
- Click Actions.
- From the dropdown list that appears, click Upload Users.
The Upload Users page appears.
- Select an identity provider from the dropdown list.
- Select an option for adding user details:
- File Upload - If you want to upload a CSV or a JSON file with the details of the users that you like to add.
- Direct Input - Enter the user details in the format specified. Make sure you add the header row as specified in the sample.
- Click Next.
- In the Preview Users screen that appears, verify if all the details are uploaded or added accurately.
- Click Upload.