Generating an API access key
A CDP user account (a user or a machine user) must have API access credentials to access CDP services.
Users who have the IAMUser role can generate an access key from their own account page. As a CDP Private Cloud administrator, you can generate an access key for a user account that does not have the IAMUser role.
Management Console UI
- Sign in to the CDP console.
- Click Management Console.
- Click User Management.
The Users page displays the list of all the available CDP users.
- Click the name of the user or machine user account for which you want to generate an
The user account page for the selected user appears.
- Go to the Access Keys section and click Generate
CDP Private Cloud creates the Access Key ID and Private Key, and displays this information on the screen.
- Click Download Credentials File to download the generated
access credentials as a file.If you have generated these details for another user, you can share the credentials file with that user.
- Copy the access key and private key to a text file and send it to the CDP user who requires it.
- Click OK to exit the access key window.
cdp iam create-user-access-key
cdp iam create-machine-user-access-key --machine-user-name <value>