Configuring CDP client with the API access key
After you generate the access key, go to the command line and run a specific set of commands to configure the CDP client.
- On the command line, run the following command to configure the client with the access key:
- Enter the following information at the prompt:
- CDP Access key: Copy and paste the access key ID that you generated in the Management Console.
- CDP Private key: Copy and paste the private key that you generated in the Management Console.
- CDP Endpoint URL: Specify the CDP console URL.
The configuration utility creates the following file to store your user credentials:
Run the following command to specify the base URL for the legacy CDP API
cdp configure set endpoint_url <url>
Here, <url> is the base URL for the legacy CDP API services.
- To verify that the credentials were created correctly, run the following command:
cdp iam get-user
The command displays your CDP client credentials.
- After you configure the client, go back to the Management Console and click OK to exit the access key window.