Modifying database properties
You can modify external database properties such as hostname, port, username, password, and database name using the Cloudera Management Console.
- Sign in to the CDP console.
- Click Management Console.
On the Management Console home page, select
to view the Database administration page.The Database administration page displays a list of databases.
- Click the Edit icon, located at the right side of each row, for
the database you want to modify.A dialog box appears where you can modify database properties. For example:
- Modify any of the following properties:
- Database Host
- Database Port
- Database Name
- Click the Test Database Connection button to verify that CDP can connect to the database. If the test fails, re-check your modifications and click Test Database Connection again.
- Click Save and Restart.
- If you have deployed the Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) service in your ECS cluster, you must refresh the affected Database Catalogs and Virtual Warehouses from the CDW UI. Go to the CDW UI, click on the more vertical menu on the Database Catalog or Virtual Warehouse and click Refresh.