Configuring CDP client with the API access key
After you generate the access key, go to the command line and run a specific set of commands to configure the CDP client.
- On the command line, run the following command to configure the client with the access key:
- Enter the following information at the prompt:
The configuration utility creates the following files:
- CDP Access key: Copy and paste the access key ID that you generated in the Management Console.
- CDP Private key: Copy and paste the private key that you generated in the Management Console.
- CDP region. Skip entering any value for this parameter.
- CDP Endpoint URL: Specify the CDP console URL.
- ~/.cdp/credentials: to store your user credentials
- ~/.cdp/config: to store the endpoint URL configuration
- To verify that the credentials were created correctly, run the following command:
cdp iam get-userThe command displays your CDP client credentials.
- After you configure the client, go back to the Management Console and click OK to exit the access key window.