Assigning account roles to a group
When you assign a role to a group, the role is also assigned to all user and machine user accounts in the group.
Management Console UI
- Sign in to the CDP console.
- From the CDP home page, click Management Console.
- In the User Management section of the side navigation panel,
The Groups page displays the list of the available CDP groups.
- Click the name of the group to which you want to assign a role.
The details page displays information about the group.
- Click the Roles tab.
- Click Update Roles.
- On the Update Roles window, select the roles you want to assign to the group.
- To view the permissions that the role grants to the group, click Policies. To remove a role from the group, clear the selected role.
- Click Update.
The roles that you select displays in the list of group roles.
To remove a role from a group, click Unassign Role next to the role that you want to remove. Click OK to confirm that you want to remove the role permissions from the group.
cdp iam assign-group-role \ --group-name <value> \ --role <value>
cdp iam list-group-assigned-roles \ --group-name <value>