Step 0) Verify Azure cloud platform prerequisites
Before getting started with the Azure Onboarding Quickstart, review and acknowledge the following:
- This Azure onboarding quickstart is intended for simple CDP evaluation deployments only. It may not work for scenarios where Azure resources such as VNet, security group, storage accounts, and so on, are pre-created or Azure accounts have restrictions in place.
- User running the Azure onboarding quickstart should have:
- Owner permissions on the Azure subscription that you would like to use for CDP.
- Rights to create Azure resources required by CDP. See list of Azure resources used by CDP.
- Rights to create an Azure AD application (service principal) and assign Contributor role at subscription level.
- CDP Admin role or Power User role in CDP subscription.
- This Azure onboarding quickstart uses an Azure ARM template that automatically creates the required resources such as storage accounts, containers, managed identities, resource groups, and so on.
- CDP Public Cloud relies on several Azure services that should be available and enabled in your region of choice. Verify if you have enough quota for each Azure service to set up CDP in your Azure account. See list of Azure resources used by CDP.
If you have more complex requirements than those listed here, contact Cloudera Sales Team to help you with CDP onboarding.