Adding a CDH cluster reachable through private IP address
For improved security, clusters within your environment do not need public IP addresses. You can configure them with only private IP addresses so that there are no inbound network paths open. However, to add your cluster to CDP, you must establish a communication line.
- On the CDP Management Console > Classic Clusters, provide the cluster details.
- Download the AutoSSH rpm from the specified location and the connectivity installation scripts from CDP on to the cluster.
- Install AutoSSH on the cluster.
- Run the connectivity installation scripts to establish a secure channel of communication.
- Verify the connection from CDP to ensure that you are able to access the Cloudera Manager host through the reverse SSH tunnel.
- Register the cluster for performing further operations.