Configuring VPC in GCP with private IPs and CCM
When you configure a VPC network with private IPs and CCM, you should set up the VPC network with your private IPs and security groups.
You will need the following:
- At least one subnet for hosts that will use CCM.
- Outbound traffic via the SSH (secure shell) tunnel initiated by CCM allowed to the Cloudera hosted NLBs on workload nodes.
In the Google Cloud console, configure the following:
- Create a NAT gateway with a cloud router.
- Create at least one subnet:
- Attach the NAT gateway to this subnet.
- You must configure outbound traffic for CDP resources.
- The workload clusters containing CCM (Knox, master, or CM for Classic Cluster) must be able to reach the Network Load Balancers (NLBs).
- Currently you can use ports 6000-6049 to connect to the NLBs. The private subnets must be in different availability zones (AZs).