VPC network and subnet
When registering a GCP environment in CDP, you must provide an existing VPC network. CDP will not create a VPC network for you.
The VPC must fulfill the following requirements:
- The VPC network must have one or more subnets in a single geographic region. All the subnets used for environment creation must be in the same geographic region.
- Your VPC should reside in the same region as the buckets used for storage and logs. This allows you to avoid latency and additional data transfer costs.
- A shared VPC can be used.
- If you would like to use a shared VPC, the VPC from the host project needs to be attached to the newly created project.
- When creating a VPC and subnets, there is an option to create subnets in a custom or automatic mode. Cloudera recommends using the custom mode.