Example migration scenario
The following scenario illustrates how to go about migrating from the old authorization model to the new one:
- We have an environment called Env1 created with 3 Data Hubs Dh1, Dh2, Dh3.
- The Data Hubs are using a custom image catalog mycatalog1.
- The Data Hubs are using recipes saved as recipe1.
- There is a PowerUser in the account called Joe. We want to revoke that role from him, but we still want him to be able to use and manage the environment and Data Hubs.
- There is another PowerUser in the account called Mary. We want to revoke that role from her, but we still want her to be able create new environments
- There is an EnvironmentAdmin called Jane. We want to revoke that role from her (since it’s deprecated), but we still want her to access the Data Hubs Dh2, Dh3.
Migration steps needed for Mary
- Revoke PowerUser from Mary.
- Assign Mary EnvironmentCreator account role
- (Optional) Share a previously created credential with Mary so she can use it.
Migration steps needed Joe
- Revoke PowerUser from Joe.
- Assign Owner over Env1 to Joe.
- Assign DatahubAdmin over Dh1, Dh2, Dh3 to Joe.
Migration steps needed Jane
- Revoke EnvironmentAdmin from Jane.
- Assign EnvironmentUser over Env1 to Jane.