Generating an API access key
A CDP user account must have API access credentials to access CDP services through the CLI or API.
- Sign in to the CDP console:
- From the CDP home page, click Management Console.
- On the side navigation panel, click Users.
- On the Users page, click the name of the user or machine user account for which you want to generate an access key.
- On the user account page, go to the Access Keys section and click Generate Access Key.
CDP creates the key and displays the information on the screen.
- Copy the access key and private key to a text file and send it to the CDP user who requires it.
The private key is a very long string of characters. Make sure that you copy the full string.
- Click OK to exit the access key window.