Configuring the Cloudera Observability cost center criteria
The Cloudera Observability Financial Governance Chargeback feature defines cost centers based on certain criteria. Configure your Cloudera Observability Chargeback settings by designating your cost center resource usage across users and pools and defining the unit resource consumption costs.
The Cloudera Observability Chargeback calculates user and pool costs based on CPU and memory consumption. You decide the CPU and Memory unit rates using your internal pricing or cost model.
Verify that you are logged in to the Cloudera Observability web UI.
In a supported browser, log into the Cloudera Data Platform.
The CDP Public Cloud web interface landing page opens.
From the Your Enterprise Data Cloud landing
page, select the Observability tile.
The Cloudera Observability landing page opens.
- In a supported browser, log into the Cloudera Data Platform.
- From the Cloudera Observability navigation panel, select Financial Governance.
To configure your Chargeback criteria, do the following:
- From the Actions list, select
The Setup page opens displaying the Chargeback Criteria settings.
- From the Select your Chargeback criteria section,
select the required user or pool usage criterion option for your cost
Where, the Users option defines your cost centers based on users, and the Pools option defines your cost centers based on your resource pools.
- From the Unit cost section, do the following:
- In the CPU ($/CPU core hours) field, enter the amount for each CPU core hour.
- In the Memory ($/GB hours) field, enter the amount for each gigabyte hour.
- Click Complete Setup.
Now that you have configured your Chargeback criteria settings you can start creating cost centers.
- From the Actions list, select Chargeback Settings.
To change your Chargeback criteria, do the following:
- From the Actions list on the Environments page,
select Chargeback Settings.
The Chargeback Criteria Setup page opens.
- If required, change the usage criterion option by selecting the option
A warning message appears explaining that all cost centers associated with your previous usage criterion will be hidden.
- If required, from the Unit cost section, make your changes to the CPU and Memory unit costs.
- Click Update.
If you changed the usage criterion, for example from Users to Pools, your cost centers from the previous usage criterion (Users) are hidden. To display the unit consumption costs of your resources based on the new usage criterion value requires creating new cost centers.
- From the Actions list on the Environments page, select Chargeback Settings.