Scaling COD instances vertically
You can scale up a COD cluster vertically, which means upgrading a COD cluster from a LIGHT duty to a HEAVY duty instance type. You can only upgrade COD clusters belonging to the Gateway and Master nodes.
Selecting a larger instance type adds more vCPU and/or RAM to your instances. You can scale up instances from LIGHT to HEAVY using the CDP CLI command tool.
- You must stop the COD cluster before you vertically scale any of the instances.
- You must grant
CDP_CB_AWS_VERTICAL_SCALEentitlement for the specific tenant.
- You must stop EBS-backed instances before scaling. Vertical scaling is supported on AWS only. See Change the instance type in AWS documentation for more information.
- You must ensure that the COD clusters belong only to Gateway nodes or Master nodes.
- You must download and install the latest CDP CLI beta version.
- Log in to the CDP CLI command tool.
Run the following command.
cdp opdb update-database --environment <environment_name> --database <database_name> -–vertical-scale <Group_type_for_the_database_nodes>The following are the possible values for the group type for the database nodes:
GATEWAY: Value of the group variable as
MASTER: Value of the group variable as
cdp opdb update-database --environment-name cod-7216-micro10 --database-name odx2408 --vertical-scale MASTER
Start the cluster after you have vertically scaled it. You can also configure the services on the cluster to use the additional or reduced resources/memory.