Managing Ozone replication policy
After you create an Ozone replication policy in CDP Private Cloud Data Services Replication Manager, you can perform and monitor various tasks related to the replication policy. You can view the job progress and replication logs. You can suspend a job and also activate a suspended job.
Click Actions for the following options:
Action Description Edit* Change the replication policy options as required for non-expired policies that are in active or suspended state. Based on the schedule you choose, the replication policy replicates data.You can edit the replication policies to better align with changing requirements. For example, you might want to change the frequency of a policy depending on the data size and importance of the data being replicated.
Optionally, expand a replication policy on the Replication Policies page to edit the replication policy options which include frequency (start time cannot be modified if the policy has already started), queue name, maximum bandwidth, and maximum map slots.
Rerun Runs the replication policy. Delete Deletes the replication policy permanently. Suspend Suspends a running replication policy.
Activate a suspended replication policy, as necessary.
View command details Opens the latest replication policy job page. The steps and substeps appear in a tree view. The failed steps are expanded by default, showing the last 15 lines of the log. You can also use this option on thepanel. Collect diagnostic bundle Generates a diagnostic bundle for the replication policy. You can download the bundle as a ZIP file to your machine.To view and use the replication policies with an empty name in Replication Manager, you must understand the following implementation:
- If the Cloudera Manager API version is lower than 51, an existing replication policy with an empty name can be used and updated. However, if you edit the replication policy and provide a name for the replication policy in versions higher or equal to 51, you must ensure that the name conforms to the validation rules.
- If the Cloudera Manager API version is higher or equal to 51, it is mandatory that you provide a non-empty unique name to the replication policy to continue using it. This is because API version 51 and higher enforces the validation rules on all the replication policies.
Expand the policy details to view the Job History
The following details appear on the panel:
- Previous jobs, current job, and one future scheduled job if any.
- Job details which include:
Job details Description Started Timestamp when the job started. Ended Timestamp when the job ended. Duration Time taken to complete the job. Progress Current status of a running job.
Click a job on the Job History panel to view the following
Tab Description General Shows the following job details:
- Started at timestamp
- Duration to complete the job
- HDFS Replication Report to download the job statistics in CSV format
- Job status Message
Command Details Shows the job steps along with the timestamp.
Download the following CSV reports from the
field to track the replication jobs and to troubleshoot
Report Description Listing Lists all the files and directories copied during the replication job. Status Status report of the files. Shows the following status for each file:
- an Error occurred and the file was not copied.
- a Deleted file.
- an up-to-date file for which the replication was Skipped.
Error Status Status report of all the copied files with errors. Each file shows the status, path, and message for the copied files with errors. Skipped Status Status report of all skipped files. Each file lists the status, path, and message for the databases and tables that were skipped. Deleted Status Status report of all deleted files. Each file lists the status, path, and message for the databases and tables that were deleted. Performance Summary report about the performance of the running replication job which includes the last performance sample for each mapper that is working on the replication job. Full Performance Performance report of the job which includes the samples taken for all mappers during the replication job.