Replicating Ozone data in OBS buckets between secure clusters
Object store buckets (OBS) are storage buckets where all the keys are written into a flat namespace. It can be accessed using the S3 interface provided by Ozone. Ozone replication policies support data replication between OBS buckets in source and target clusters which support S3A filesystem using the S3A scheme or replication protocol. You can replicate Ozone data in OBS buckets between CDP Private Cloud Base 7.1.8 or higher clusters using Cloudera Manager version 7.7.3 or higher.
- Login to CDP Private Cloud Data Services.
Add the source and target clusters to use in Ozone replication policy using the
For more information, see Adding clusters to a CDP Private Cloud Data Services deployment
- Ensure you have an admin or poweruser role.
Go to the Add Cluster.
page, and click Thewizard appears.
- Enter the cluster details which include Cloudera Manager URL (use Cloudera Manager hostname if Auto-TLS is enabled), Username, Password, Location, and Data Center.
- Click Add.
- Complete the steps to configure SSL/TLS certificate exchange between the Cloudera Manager instances that manage the source and target clusters.
- Complete the steps in additional configuration for OBS buckets to use the required OBS buckets in an Ozone replication policy.
- Complete the steps in Preparing for Ozone replication policies to use the Kerberos-enabled clusters, and Ranger-enabled source cluster in the Ozone replication policy.
- Complete the steps in Creating an Ozone replication policy to create and run the Ozone replication policy.
- Click the replication policy on the Replication Policies page to view the job progress.
- Verify whether the replicated data is available on the target cluster using the Ozone shell after the replication is complete.