The Management Console is a service used by CDP administrators to manage environments, users, and services.
The Management Console allows you to:
Register your existing on-prem Cloudera Distribution of Hadoop (CDH) or Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) clusters in order to burst your data to the cloud. In the CDP world, these clusters are called "classic clusters".
Register your cloud provider environments (such as your AWS account) and then launch Data Hub clusters, Data Warehouse clusters, and Machine Learning workspaces within these environments and determine which users have access to which resources. These clusters are attached to a Data Lake that runs within the environment and provides security and governance for all attached clusters.
- Utilize services such as Data Catalog, Workload Manager, and Replication manager:
- Data Catalog - A centralized management tool for searching, organizing, securing, and governing data across environments.
- Workload Manager - A centralized management tool for analyzing and optimizing workloads within and across environments.
- Replication Manager - A centralized management tool for replicating and migrating data and the associated metadata across environments.
The following diagram illustrated the functionality described above:
In addition, the Management Console allows you to:
- Configure SSO, manage users, and decide who can access which resources.
- Download and configure CDP CLI.