Adding a Hue service with Cloudera Manager
You can use the Add a Service wizard in Cloudera Manager to add and configure a new Hue service instance.
- On the Add Service. tab, click the option menu to the right of the cluster name and select
- On the next page, select the Hue Service Type, and then click Continue.
- On the Select Dependencies page, select the row containing the dependencies that are required for your cluster, and then click Continue.
On the Assign Roles page, you can perform one of the following actions:
- To accept the default role assignments, click Continue in the lower right corner of the page. To view the default role assignments by host, click View By Host.
To customize role assignments, click the gray field below Hue Server and Load Balancer roles. Clicking the gray fields launches a dialog box where you can select hosts where you want to add the role. Click OK after making your selection.
The wizard evaluates host hardware configurations to determine the best hosts for each role. All worker roles are automatically assigned to the same set of hosts as the HDFS DataNode. You can reassign if necessary. Specify hostnames by IP address, rack name, or by range:
Range Definition Matching Hosts 10.1.1.[1-4] 10.1.1.1, 10.1.1.2, 10.1.1.3, 10.1.1.4 host[1-3].company.com host1.company.com, host2.company.com, host3.company.com host[07-10].company.com host07.company.com, host08.company.com, host09.company.com, host10.company.com
On the Setup Database page:
- Specify a database vendor Type, Database Hostname, Database Name, Username, and Password.
- Click Test Connection, and when the success message appears, click Continue and Cloudera Manager starts the Hue service.
After the service is started, click Continue and then click
If your cluster uses Kerberos, Cloudera Manager automatically adds a Hue Kerberos Ticket Renewer role to each host where you assigned the Hue Server role instance. See "Enabling Kerberos Authentication" for more information.