Known Issues in Apache Ranger
This topic describes known issues and workarounds for using Ranger in this release of Cloudera Runtime.
- CDPD-3296: Audit files for Ranger plugin components do not appear immediately in S3 after cluster creation
For Ranger plugin components (Atlas, Hive, HBase, etc.), audit data is updated when the applicable audit file is rolled over. The default Ranger audit rollover time is 24 hours, so audit data appears 24 hours after cluster creation.
To see the audit logs in S3 before the default rollover time of 24 hours, use the following steps to override the default value in the Cloudera Manager safety valve for the applicable service.
- On the Configuration tab in the applicable service, select Advanced under CATEGORY.
- Click the + icon for the <service_name> Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for ranger-<service_name>-audit.xml property.
- Enter the following property in the Name box:
- Enter the desired rollover interval (in seconds) in the Value box. For example, if you specify 180, the audit log data is updated every 3 minutes.
- Click Save Changes and restart the service.