Known Issues in Apache Spark
This topic describes known issues and workarounds for using Spark in this release of Cloudera Runtime.
- CDPD-217: HBase/Spark connectors are not supported
- The Apache HBase Spark Connector
hbase-connectors/spark) and the Apache Spark - Apache HBase Connector (
shc) are not supported in the initial CDP release.
- Workaround: None
- CDPD-3038: Launching
pysparkdisplays several HiveConf warning messages
pysparkstarts, several Hive configuration warning messages are displayed, similar to the following:
19/08/09 11:48:04 WARN conf.HiveConf: HiveConf of name hive.vectorized.use.checked.expressions does not exist 19/08/09 11:48:04 WARN conf.HiveConf: HiveConf of name hive.tez.cartesian-product.enabled does not exist
- Workaround: These errors can be safely ignored.
- CDPD-2650: Spark cannot write ZSTD and LZ4 compressed Parquet to dynamically partitioned tables
- Workaround: Use a different compression algorithm.
- CDPD-3293: Cannot create views (CREATE VIEW statement) from Spark
- Apache Ranger in CDP disallows Spark users from running
- Workaround: Create the view using Hive or Impala.
- CDPD-3783: Cannot create databases from Spark
- Attempting to create a database using Spark results in an error
similar to the
org.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: MetaException(message:Permission denied: user [sparkuser] does not have [ALL] privilege on [hdfs://ip-10-1-2-3.cloudera.site:8020/tmp/spark/warehouse/spark_database.db]);
- Workaround: Create the database using Hive or Impala, or
specify the external data warehouse location in the
createcommand. For example:
sql("create database spark_database location '/warehouse/tablespace/external/hive/spark_database.db'")