Enable work preserving recovery on NodeManager
Work preserving recovery is enabled by default for the ResourceManager in a Cloudera Manager managed cluster, but not for the NodeManager. Use Cloudera Manager to enable it on the NodeManager.
The default value for the recovery directory is /var/lib/hadoop-yarn/yarn-nm-recovery.
- In Cloudera Manager, select the YARN service.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Search for yarn-site.xml.
- Find the NodeManager Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for yarn-site.xml.
- Select the NodeManager and click on the plus icon.
Add the following:
- Name: yarn.nodemanager.recovery.enabled
- Value: true
- Search for NodeManager Recovery Directory.
Enter the directory path in the NodeManager Recovery
For example: /var/lib/hadoop-yarn/yarn-nm-recovery
- Click Save Changes.