Known Issues in Apache Oozie
This topic describes known issues and unsupported features for using Oozie in this release of Cloudera Runtime.
- Oozie jobs fail (gracefully) on secure YARN clusters when JobHistory server is down
If the JobHistory server is down on a YARN (MRv2) cluster, Oozie attempts to submit a job, by default, three times. If the job fails, Oozie automatically puts the workflow in a
- Workaround: When the JobHistory server is running again, use the
resumecommand to inform Oozie to continue the workflow from the point at which it left off.
- CDPD-5340: The resourceManager property defined in an Oozie workflow might not work properly if the workflow is submitted through Knox proxy.
- An Oozie workflow defined to use the
resourceManagerproperty might not work as expected in situations when the workflow is submitted through Knox proxy.
- Workaround: Define the jobTracker property with the same value as that of
- Unsupported Feature
The following Oozie features are currently not supported in Cloudera Data Platform:
- Non-support for Pig action (CDPD-1070)
- Conditional coordinator input logic