Configure Atlas PAM authentication
By default in Data Center installations, Atlas uses PAM authentication, which means valid Atlas users correspond to the users configured for the operating system on the host where Atlas runs. Cloud installations do not use PAM authentication.
Minimum Required Role in Cloudera Manager: Full Administrator.
- In Cloudera Manager, select the Atlas service, then open the Configuration tab.
- To display the appropriate property, type "safety" in the Search box.
- Find the Atlas Server Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for conf/atlas-application.properties.
In the safety valve, set the following properties:
where login service indicates the desired PAM login service. For example, set
atlas.authentication.method.pam=true atlas.authentication.method.pam.service=login service
- Click Save Changes.
Restart the Atlas service.
Once the PAM authentication is enabled for Atlas on a Private Cloud Base cluster, to access Atlas, note the following:
- If Atlas was configured using LDAP or Active Directory, the same user role which was set-up can be authenticated and used for accessing Atlas.
- For an Operating System user, you can add the user using
addusercommands and later access Atlas.