Manage HBase snapshots using Cloudera Manager
For HBase services, you can use the Table Browser tab to view the HBase tables associated with a service on your cluster. You can view the currently saved snapshots for your tables, and delete or restore them.
From the HBase Table Browser tab, you can:
- View the HBase tables for which you can take snapshots.
- Initiate immediate (unscheduled) snapshots of a table.
- View the list of saved snapshots currently maintained. These can include one-off immediate snapshots, as well as scheduled policy-based snapshots.
- Delete a saved snapshot.
- Restore from a saved snapshot.
- Restore a table from a saved snapshot to a new table (Restore As).
Browsing HBase Tables
To browse the HBase tables to view snapshot activity:
- From the Clusters tab, select your HBase service.
- Go to the Table Browser tab.
Managing HBase Snapshots
- Click a table.
- Click Take Snapshot.
- Specify the name of the snapshot, and click Take Snapshot.
To delete a snapshot, click and select Delete.